Sunday, May 19, 2013

Interviewer: James McCulley
Interviewed: James Sidebotham
Back round: born before WW2, Served in Korea, Sheriff's Dept. deputy for 33 years

Me:
Did you protest the Vietnam war or partake in any anti-military protest?
Jim:
 No, I was always supportive of our troops and didn't hold an opinion of the war. I just wanted our troops to come home safely.
Me:
Did you have friends or family members that did drugs during this time?
Jim:
I had a couple of my brothers do drugs but I refused to do any of it. It wasn't worth losing my job over
Me:
What was your opinion of the behavior of people back then?
Jim:
They were out of control and thought they were all above the law. A lot of the "hippies" were just a bunch of weed smoking idiots who ended up dead from stupid choices.
Me:
Do you think more should've been done to help the returning troops with PTSD?
Jim:
Yes, they were left out in the cold by the American people.

No comments:

Post a Comment